Thursday, July 07, 2005

To Play 샤이야

So this is it. A blog where nobody knows me.

It fits.

I need to learn Korean. Then I'll write the whole blog in Korean, and I'll be damned if the odds of anyone capable of speaking, writing or most importantly reading, Korean will come across this. What would be the point? I dunno. I wouldn't really care if anyone read this. Hells, it's just a BLOG; an anonymous new start.

I wish to forsake my old self. Gone is the old; here is the Ozark.

Ozark.

Ozark.

Ozark.

I like that name. Not too common, not too uncommon. Not too weird, not too normal. O, Z, A, R and K are all some of my favorite letters. Of course, just because I really like a name doesn't mean it fits me.... but I'm going to make it fit. Screw who I was - who I am, even. I'm going to reinvent myself, become the person I want to be. Nothing should limit me in my pursuit to become Ozark, webcomic artist, writer of Korean, perhaps even a Buddhist. I'll do my best, and then in 3 years, by the time I'm out on my own, Ozark can greet the world.

Yeah. That sounds good. No more pouting like a bratty teenager; only acting to achieve what I want - nay, what I need.

I need to focus on the things that make me happy. The past does not make me happy; the past depresses me. Leaving behind the past means leaving behind much of myself, but I may be regrown, and I will be better off for it. This means discarding many friends and projects, but they did not make me happy, and those that are living will move on without me. None were so attached I cannot be removed from them. I can survive cutting myself off, as can they.

Korean makes me happy. A goal of mine is to learn Korean so I can play Shaiya. 샤이야 . Korean is perfect.

Neutrality, peace, pursuit of happiness. These will be my goals, among others.

Of this, I am determined.

Ozark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home